Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Battling obstacles

If you need a prompt for your daily writing, just go to Heather's blog. She'll give you something to think--and write--about! Today she wrote about turning obstacles into enemies, and how she moves into battle mode until she plows through them.

Wow.

Can I learn how to do that, too? Me, the person who avoids confrontation at all costs?

Maybe.

Maybe this is a good place to begin...battling the obstacles--the EXCUSES--that I use to keep me from writing.

Interruptions are one of my obstacles. I've been interrupted no less than SIX times...now seven...and before I finished typing "seven" came eight and nine! And here I blame my internal critic for my slow writing pace. (Of course, that critic does slow me down for sure, but the interruptions are HUGE distractions.) I need to learn how to keep my focus despite the distractions because, with my youngest child only 7-months-old, I have many years of interruptions ahead of me yet!

But I like the idea of battling my obstacles. After so many years of complacency, I'm ready for a good fight. Besides, it might help my marriage to fight the obstacles instead of DH...even though at times he is one of my obstacles...!!

2 Comments:

At 1:47 AM , Blogger bwheather said...

Dawn,
You already have a clear voice in your entries. Work on writing each day and you will find confidence in that voice. Way to go with the other entries, too. I'll have more to say later. ;-)

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger dawn said...

Thanks, Heather. I can't wait to hear what else you have to say!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home